The Old Farm 

Nocton Hall

This Hall is a historic Grade II listed building. The plaque on the north face of the Hall indicates that the original building dates back to about 1530 but since then there have been two notable reconstructions. Several prominent people have been residents of the house the most notable being Frederick John Robinson, 1st Earl of Ripon who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom for a short time. During the First World War the house was used as a convalescence home for wounded American Officers. In the Second World War the Americans again used the house as a military hospital after which it was taken over by the RAF and an extensive hospital developed in the grounds. It reverted to private use in the 1980s. In 2004 there was a major fire which left the building in a derelict state

Peacock Pub

Opening in 1962 in the little town of Gainsborough this small-town pub was closed after a lapse in business. At the time of opening the pub became hugely popular due to it’s position on the main road, although in the 70’s a new dual carriageway was built greatly reducing passing travellers. The famous actor Jason Carter grew up at the peacock as his parents ran the in the late 70s and early 80s

The last owners, despite being seasoned pub owners, found themselves in crippling debt being trapped by a lease unable to leave. When funds had dried up and the lease was over the building was left before being vandalized and wrecked. The Site was then demolished in May 2020 with the expectations of 23 houses being built on the land.   

Horse Training Farm 

Fox House

St Johns Asylum

Designed by John Hamilton and James Medland in a “Italianate style” as a County Lunatic Asylum this location was opened in 1852. The asylum was built using county rates at a cost of around £30,000. It became Bracebridge Pauper Lunatic Asylum in 1898 and Bracebridge Mental Hospital in 1919. It served as an Emergency Hospital during the Second World War and, having been renamed Bracebridge Heath Hospital in 1939, joined the National Health Service in 1948. It went on to become St John's Hospital, Bracebridge Heath in 1961.

The hospital could house 250 patients. The building was expanded in 1889 to house upwards of 680 patients, and by 1902 the site covered 120 acres. By 1926 the site had been further expanded and covered 160 acres. At its height the asylum had 944 beds available for patients, almost four times the original size.

The corridors and most of the cells and day-rooms have a honeycomb vaulted ceiling, and a common belief is that the honeycomb pattern was to reduce noise levels, to stop the cries and screams of inmates travelling down the long corridors. The truth in fact is nothing like this at all, these hospitals were nowhere near as horrific as people imagine. The honeycomb vaulted ceiling was a type of fireproofing incorporated into the building’s construction. This style was commonplace in mid-nineteenth century hospitals

The hospital closed in December 1989 and the site has been sold to a property developer who has built 183 luxury homes and apartments there. The original hospital buildings are classified as Grade II listed buildings.

RAF Grand Hall

This RAF Mess Hall opened in 1938 as Lincolnshire's first airfield to have a paved runway which was camouflaged after it's construction. It was also used to test a prototype cross wind screen to protect aircraft from cross winds that frequently occurred in the Lincolnshire Wolds. The first residents were the No.1 Air Armament School who were responsible for training all aspects of the RAF's firepower. The base saw extensive use during the course of World War Two from hosting a wide variety of aircraft to becoming an important training centre. The Hall, as a military institution, officially closed on the 31st of March, 1974. The main building was later used as a nursing home before a large fire destroyed the western side of the building, closing the site indefinitely. since then multiple arson attacks have left the hall in a very sorry state.